Thursday, December 18, 2008

Beautiful Santa Fe, NM





In early November I headed to Santa Fe for a week.. on my own.. what a treat, it had been a long time since I've had this kind of alone time. I headed for Santa Fe to attend a 5 day retreat with Neelam a spiritual teacher I'd been working with and prior to the retreat I had 3 days in a beautiful condo right downtown Santa Fe to relax and explore, it was heaven. I called a guy from AA who used to live in Hermosa Beach who has been in Santa Fe for 15 yrs or so and he invited me a meeting and to speak at the meeting, that was a nice way to roll into town. I spent 2 full days walking downtown and leisurely exploring the hundreds of art galleries in Santa Fe, the creativity and beauty were very inspiring. My condo had a great jacuzzi so I soaked under the stars every night and spent time in silence preparing for my retreat with Neelam.
The retreat was amazing, Neelam is incredible how she works with people, healing trauma and allowing all unresolved emotions, fears, hurts, etc.. to surface and resolve. Truly she is a master and it was such a gift to be with her and the 22 other folks at the retreat. We chanted, meditated, did inquiry work together, sat in satsang, did yoga and walked and enjoyed the beautiful scenery around Neelams house. I was overwhelmed with gratitude to be in my first 5 day retreat (i'd done several 2 day retreats with Adyashanti prior) and felt myself drop to a very deep place of resting and trusting in the unfolding.
Truly my time in Boulder and the satsangs i have attending with John Taylor, Sharon Landrith and Neelam have been remarkable and transformative. I think it is why I am in Boulder, for sitting with a life teacher in satsang is really an incredible gift in realizing the truth of your being.
Sitting in partner inquiry was really powerful in the retreat. I felt such inner aliveness, radiance, truly knowing my inner source and feeling deeply that life comes from the inside and radiates outward, it is about expressing what we are, not getting, achieving, acquiring, etc.. I feel deeply that we are here to BE what we are, simply that.

No comments: