Tuesday, April 22, 2008

4/15/08 The tulips are blooming..


Boulder has real seasons.. it has been so awesome for me having lived my whole life in Southern California.. not easy, but very rich and I am really embracing the variety of temperatures, experiences and willingness to be indoors or bundle up a lot. My boys are also pretty sensitive to cold, they don't like it much.. they don't like to be in the snow for more than maybe 30 minutes, they don't want to bundle up, sled or ski. Remember these are the kids who did not wear shoes or pants for several years. They are beach kids, river kids, water kids, they love sunshine as much as I do.. and warmth..

So we hang indoors when it is cold, I've never spent so much time indoors, it's been an adjustment, but it's been wonderful..
I love change, it makes me feel really alive, I get bored with the same stuff all the time, even beautiful weather. So again I am enjoying our time here very much!

One of the things Boulder is famous for is the Tulips that bloom in the spring.. and they are blooming.. it is very exciting..
Boulder has a 5 block outdoor walk street with shops, restaurants, coffee houses, water fountains for kids to play in, mini play grounds and climbing stuff for kids, street performers, etc.. it's called Pearl Street and it's very similar to the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica. There are thousands of Tulips that bloom on Pearl Street in April.. it is incredibly beautiful and exciting. I think tulips are my most favorite flower and I especially love the ones that are multi-colored.

Tonight Martha & I had sushi dinner on Pearl St and as we walked after dinner we saw them.. Tulips.. everywhere.. it was magical.. life is so ... present! so beautiful.. so creative and everywhere..

Hooray the tulips are blooming!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When I read between the lines on your posts I read that this is really not the place for you or the boys.

Come home.

Julia

Unknown said...

Conversely, I think it is the perfect place because you are all stretching and growing and experiencing life on a whole new level...you will remember this time for the rest of your lives...where are the tulip pictures (also my favorite flower).

XOXO
Melinda