Saturday, January 31, 2009

One big party here..





The 6 week trip we had in Hermosa Beach was one endless celebration! My sister Keyanna turned 18 in December! Then Christmas of course, we had Christmas eve with mom's family and Christmas day with my stepmom Lynne and a huge dinner for 30 that she prepared on Christmas night, oh and we also celebrated Hanukkah since my other sister Myev had converted to Judaism (she cooked Ladkas and said all the prayers and we lit candles every night), Then in January... Myev's birthday, Lynne's birthday, Reese's birthday and on the same day my 17yr AA birthday! We had 3 different parties for Reese's birthday, two with family and one with friends and then he played lazer tag and also went to DisneyLand on his actual birthday.. for free of course! How cool is that. All of this occurred in just one month, I am exhausted just writing about it.
We also planned a memorial for my Grandpa Bill who died the day after Christmas, it was moving and lovely and it was very good to gather with my Grandma, her sister and all their kids and the kids kids, my sister Myev sang Amazing Grace, I read a poem that I wrote, we told stories and ate of course. My grandpa was ready and I was glad that he was able to move on to the next big adventure, whatever that is.

No comments: