Friday, November 14, 2008

Fall visit to Rocky Mtn Nat'l Park






We've been in Boulder for 8 months or so and not yet visited Estes Park, only 45 minutes away,
the entry point to Rocky Mountain National Park. We found out that we have access to a
timeshare there and so we booked a stay and invited out friends Lora, Joey, Miranda & Tim
to join us. It's great hanging out with other unschoolers, easy to chill out, we played games
and of course played in the pool & jacuzzi. We did get into the park, we played for a few hours
at the creek, pretended we were beavers and built an awesome dam, ate our picnic, and
went for a hike in the rain. We also saw some very comfortable with being photographed Elk,
and remarked about how many girls each male had to manage.
We walked a bit through the town of Estes Park, great for shopping, eating and browsing,
we avoided the shops and hung out at the park and the Dairy Queen! Just 2 days away
but it felt like a vacation just as well and an overnight with the MIller's was great!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I KNOW the Miller's! What a small world.

I was also just in Rocky Mtn. NP about 7 wks ago...hmmm...maybe it's time I blog about it???

I've noticed your posts on the FOTR Forum but this is the first time I've seen your blog..I'll have to add you to my reader. :)