Friday, November 14, 2008

The rest of October..





So many fun things.. we saw the musical Suessical with our homeschool group and played on a 100 foot long dragon whose head is 9 feet high, we celebrated Timothy's 7th birthday and played 3 games of laser tag (the boys said it was the absolute best birthday party ever!!!) We went to another birthday party for a girl grace and got to dress up in our Halloween costumes (yes Reese dressed in a devil costume as we went to this nice Christian family birthday party - so lovely), we met several times with our new tween group, had a swimming party at our house and hosted a sword making workshop (better than guns).

We made several trips to the aquarium and the children's museum.. and i still had time to read my ballot and vote (by mail) and attend 8 or satsangs, do a little spelling with Reese, read a great book Arthur & the minimoys with Reese, take 12 or so yoga classes... and...
oh yeah btw.. I did a 25 day detox on the advice of my Natropath/chiropractor/nutritionist and eliminated sugar, flour, cow dairy and caffeine from my diet. For 20 days i did not even eat fruit in an effort to get off of all sugar. So as of today it's been over 30 days and I am still mostly eating chicken, fish, salads, rice, fruit and veggies. I feel great, i've had no coffee, only decaf tea, no sugar or processed foods, only whole grain flourless bread and goat cheese. I've eaten a lot of nuts and nut butter, when you want to get off sugar, fat is a good substitute. A few less nuts and a bit more exercise and i'll have it down.. I am not sure what i'll actually do when I get it all together.. not worried though, probably will never happen!

No comments: