Thursday, July 31, 2008

7/4/08 Happy 66th Anniversary Bill & Dorothy


In May my Grandma Dorothy turned 84, which is great, but on July 4th, she celebrated 66 yrs of marriage to Bill. that is pretty amazing.. I have a small inkling of just how remarkable that is....
on June 21st, Steve & I celebrated our 10th yr anniversary.. and there've been some ups & downs let me tell ya.. long term relationships with children are no easy task.. most of my friends have not made it.. I am feeling very grateful to be in such great appreciation for my relationship..

Just after their anniversary I picked Grandma up and arranged for a visit at my cousin Teresa's and had my Great Aunt Ruth (grandma's sister) show up for a surprise visit with Dorothy.. it was great, we spent the whole day, my boys and Teresa's kids played Lego's & swam, we talked and ate.. about family, traveling, the works.. it was so good to be visiting with Ruth & Dorothy together, they had not seen each other in many months.. Of course with Ruth there, we got talking about God, service, & gratitude with so much passion and fire.. such a gift to share this intense passion for living life with such immense God awareness and appreciation.. thanks Ruth for always being such an incredible example for me.. I love you so much!
My Grandma and I laughed and shared so much on this visit, we got to see each other 5 times in the month.. making up for lost time in the last year.. and we went to visit Grandpa in the home he is staying at, showed him lots of photos.. he enjoyed that very much.. 66 years.. wow...

No comments: