Monday, August 18, 2008

7/27/08 The Next Exciting Adventure..


A happy life is about attitude.. let's face it, there is much about life that constantly surprises me.. it is out of my hands.. shit happens.. right.. well some major shit was about to hit the fan.. and truly it was a test of my serenity.. you find out where you are spiritually when stuff happens and I am faced with myself, my discomfort, my fears, that's when i find out if I am truly peaceful from the inside out or am I just peaceful cause I like my circumstances.. what happens when I am not so fond of my journey, how do I respond then?? What happens inwardly when my crown breaks and I have to get to a dentist out of town right away (what is it about vacations that always invites teeth crisis in me?) and the dentist can't fix it and refers me to an oral surgeon to pull my tooth and recommend me to get an implant.. and then the motorhome breaks down, Steve goes back home, I am alone with the kids and the breaks start squeaking on the mountain roads at 10,000 ft and no brake shop in town has time that day to look at my brakes? and the water tank on the RV is leaking and there are no RV repair places for 500 miles.. lucky for me, I got to explore all of this and more.. cause we were also in 100 degree heat with no air conditioning, the icing on the cake so to speak..

So the story goes.. that I waited all day and eventually one guy looked at my brakes and found the problem and fixed it.. i found an oral surgeon, made an appt for a week later to have my tooth pulled, and off we went down the road.. meanwhile i got to get humbled one more time.. seeing really clearly how rattled i can get when life goes "wrong" and how i have to use the tools to get back to the natural state, flowing, and how my kids will forgive me when i fall short and get grumpy.. it's all good..

We went to Breckenridge the boys and I, another beautiful ski village with a river running through it to play in. We rode our bikes, played in the village, found a great park right on the river and went to the community center and saw a children's circus that was awesome!

No comments: