Wednesday, August 20, 2008

8/5/08 Grand Junction, CO - Dinosaur bones & Colorado Nat'l Monument



Yeah .. a town with morning AA meetings.. those are my favorite, I love early morning folks and the 7am meeting in Grand Junction is fantastic! Such a small world, my 2nd or 3rd day attending the meeting one of the women in the meeting approached me after the meeting, I had really enjoyed listening to her share
the past few days.. it so happens that I am currently in a 6 week teleclass with a spiritual teacher named Neelam that has been really incredible for me.. there are 18people in the class, from all across the US and abroad as well.. well this women i'd been hearing at the morning meeting came up to me and said.. I just have one word for you... Neelam.. yes she is in my class.. such a small world..

Another guy I talked to after the meeting offered me some advice with Luc (I was sharing about some current challenges and it just so happens he teaches parenting classes) and we got to talking and I asked them where we might go swimming and he said how about my place, i have a pool no one ever swims in and so we did. This guy Tom turns out is a jeweler and he has the most incredible collection of stones, rocks, dinosaur bones, metals, etc.. in his house. Reese was in heaven, we spent hours looking at his treasures and then he invited us to go out the next day and look for dinosaur bones & petrified wood and so we did.
We drove an hour of so out of town to a dig site Tom knew of, he gave each of the boys bags for rocks and pick axes, one of which Tom's dad gave him as a boy. It was so cool, we did find several petrified bones and tons of petrified wood and lots of dinosaur bones in the cliffs and canyons, really spectacular
day. Later Tom drove us to Colorado National Monument, just outside Grand Junction, red rocks, amazing rock formations caused by erosion, etc.. I drove around in awe and the boys well they were busy watching a movie.. scenery is ok for a minute of so and that is about it..

Oh yeah ... the real highlight of Grand Junction was getting my tooth pulled.. it took over an hour to get it out, a real ordeal to pull a tooth that you've done a root canal on, they are brittle and difficult! But the real fun was 2 days later when it really started to hurt.. I did end up getting the pain medicine he prescribed
which meant it really hurt cause I do not like talking medication, but tooth pain is some of the worst in my book.

No comments: