Wednesday, October 10, 2007

10/09/07 Beautiful Whistler Village



gotta love it, it is spectacularly gorgeous, the people are super friendly and accomodating, the trees with their golden and red coats on just rock my world and you can walk everywhere. The day we arrived, it was sunny and beautiful, it was the last day of summer/fall so to speak activities wise, folks were riding up the chair lift to the top to walk around, play in the snow and take in the views. They had loads of bike riders riding down the dirt mountain taking awesome jumps and entertaining the crowds. They had a zip line going and tons of folks shopping, eating and the like..

The next day was raining all day, we took a long walk, explored the village in a much less crowded state and really soaked up a quiet Whistler about 5 weeks before the season starts. I went to an AA meeting last night that was great, people are so friendly here and there was so much intimate honest sharing it really opened my heart up. I walked to the meeting (4 blocks), in the rain, jamming to tunes on my ipod, i was in heaven.

This morning I went for a run in the rain, so amazing, i ran the city, then on a trail through the trees, I came back drenched and cold but feeling fine, exercise has been a challenge, I have not been very motivated, so I am vowing to keep my running shoes right by the door to inspire me to go.

Whistler feels a lot like Vail in terms of how it looks, but without the pretense or attitude. Very Canadian, friendly and warm. We are heading North today toward Pemberton another resort town and up to Lillooet, up highway 99, it is supposed to be one of the most scenic drives anywhere. I am ready with camera in hand and the rain has stopped so maybe we get some good visiblity.

No comments: