Friday, October 26, 2007

10/23/07 Glacier National Park

We woke up this morning and after several cloudy days it was sunny and not a cloud in the sky. After 3 days of soaking we were in close to a comatose state and well i guess the sunshine motivated me, I knew today was the day to head back up North and visit Glacier National Park. Unfortunately they close a lot of roads (for road repair) in the fall and we were not able to access the most talked about areas, but we drove 16 miles of the Going to the Sun Road, took a short hike and then watched the sunset turn the mountains purple, spectacular!

The next day we went hiking and biking in the park, taking in the full autumn views, it was so quiet and peaceful barely anyone in the park, I had a full on religious experience watching the sunlight on the trees and the reflection on the lake, the boys built rock towers and dams in the creek and we had to rescue Luc when he got in too deep.

I dropped my camera leaning out my window to take a picture, gotta head to costco tomorrow to get a new one.. ouch, gotta love those unexpected expenses.

Good news is I got an awesome camera and a bunch of warm sweaters from Costco and no sales tax in Montana, gotta love that.

No comments: