Tuesday, October 9, 2007

10/5/07 Vancouver -busy busy city


ok, so pulling into Vancouver at 6:30pm on a Friday night is not the best idea, it was insane bumper to bumper traffic and having lived in LA for 30 years I've driven in loads of traffic. But this was crazy.. and I did not have a map and I did not have great directions where i was going and I got lost for about 90 minutes, which would have been fine as I did get a great tour of the city as I drove around seeking and searching. But I was tired and frustrated and not enjoying the wondering around aimlessly, I actually circled the same area several times before I figured it out. Finally I got on the right road, headed the right way and found our RV park, got parked, and ran for the jacuzzi. AHHH! it felt so good!!

The next morning was Sat, my plan was to head South to Stanley Park, a giant Golden Gate Park type of park, but the traffic was bumper to bumper coming over the Lions Gate Bridge so I said forget it, and we headed to a close by indoor play place instead. Driving, navagating, reading maps, looking for RV parks, looking for activities, following directions, definately takes some energy out of you and sometimes you have to just stop and chill out for a day or so. So we did, unfortunately we did not see anymore of Vancouver, but no issue, we will be back is how i feel, we see what we see and what we don't see we will see later.

I did get to have a great visit with my girlfriend Nicki, who i have known since I was a teen. I loved introducing her to my family as we have not seen each other in over 12 yrs, Reese was excited to show her his art portfolio as she is currently in her 3rd yr of art school.

We had some great adventures together including a trip to Puerta Vallarta some 15 yrs ago. We got caught up and actually had a great healing, it seems that some 9-10 yrs ago she shared some things going on in her life and I was quite judgemental with her and can you imagine very straightforward telling her how i felt she was wrong in what she was doing. I was quite horrible she told me and amazingly enough, i don't even remember this at all. Fortunately for me, she did not hold a grudge and when i called this time, she came right over to meet me. I had a chance to appologize to her over and over actually for being judgemental and condemning and I felt a real healing. Interestingly enough I was also able to share with her that this had come back around to me and recently in my life I had felt harsh judgement and condemnation from people in my life who did not agree with things happening in my life.

If there is one think i want to teach my boys it is this, don't judge others, you can never know what is really going on with others, what there situation or mental state is, you can't play God in others life and while you don't have to agree, you can agree to disagree and you can do it with love and respect. This one thing is the greatest cause of pain in relationships and what a lesson in life to learn, to accept others just as they are, to trust that they are having the experience they are supposed to have and to not reject people and hold them up to your "standards" and think you are better (or worse). So yeah, the life lessons keep coming and frankly I am glad for this, whatever it takes to open the heart, to create a greater and greater capacity to love, honor and respect ourselves and others, this I think is why we are here and what we are here to do.

No comments: