Friday, October 26, 2007

10/21/07 Hot Springs, Montana

After a day in Kalispell we headed south an hour to Hot Springs, Montana. We stopped at Symes Hotel and Medicinal Springs and spent 3 days there. We parked the RV right next to the big pool of mineral water and I soaked 5 hours the first day, it was divine. They had it all, RV hook ups, a restaurant, live music, a big fire inside to sit by, 3 soaking pools, gorgeous scenery, nice folks, really a sweet spot. I was diving deep into my new Barbara Kingsolver book, Prodigal Summer, it's awesome! I just love her books, i bought The poisenwood bible to read next, they are so well writen, great characters, and i learn so much too.

Another great book i just finished was Follow the Cowherd Boy, by JA Joshi. I met the author at a book signing, she said the book was about India and Spirituality and a story about a 16th century princess and her spiritual path, i just loved it, a book about devotion and being truly who you are in the face of great pressure to be who the world wants you to be or to conform and be like others. I related a lot to the character.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, I'm getting a little tired of this "I soaked here" "I soaked there" stuff. I get it. You like a good soak. I want some feedback on what the kids are experiencing/saying. Luc is looking so grown up.

Are they getting their socialization?! ;-)

Unknown said...

How was Kalispell? My business partner is from there.

jaijoshi said...

Hey, J A Joshi here.

I came across your blog and wanted to let you know that I'm glad you liked my book 'Follow the Cowherd Boy'. I loved Montana and the amazing natural beauty that is so abudant over there.

Regards,

Jai