Friday, October 26, 2007

10/19/07 We're in Montana Now


The drive after getting off the ferry ride across Kootenay Lake was so beautiful, a perfect exit from British Colombia which was the most spactacular scenery I've ever seen. A huge wind blew in and millions of gold leaves blew across the road as i was driving, I've never seen anything quite like it. Mother Nature's version of Cirque de Sol, oh my god, I kept saying oh my god, branches were flying and leaves leaves leaves, wow.

When we arrived in Creston it was 4pm, sunny and we were ready to boogie back to the US, we crossed in Porthill and what an encounter those federal agents, the front line of defense of our country. We had to exit our cars, wake the kids up from naps and sit for 45 minutes in the office while they went through everything in our cars, it felt so violating, just cause we wanted to take a trip to Canada for 2 weeks, this is what we signed up for. They were quite pleased to confiscate 2 lemons, 3 avocados and 2 cans of soup bought in canada that had signs of meat (mad cow disease). Imagine if we'd ate that stuff we probably would have died. So rest assured, you are all safe, the government is on the job! what a joke! I think the basic idea is this.. Everything bad in the world is out there, not in here mind you, don't worry about that at all, just keep all the bad stuff out and we'll all be safe! And those agents, they believe it, I don't though, I think what is most harmful to us is right here in our very own borders thank you very much.. To top it off I discovered 100 miles down the road that I'd left my wallet at the border and had to call them and ask them to mail it to me in Montana. oh joy..

We were in Idaho for about 20 minutes before crossing into Montana, we ate dinner and spent the night in Libby Montana and headed to Kalispell in the morning.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Waves of relief are washing over me that those lemons didn't make it in. I'm a little nervous about your wallet getting back to the US too.

Unknown said...

I have iChat set up now if you want to video chat some time.

Julia