Friday, August 17, 2007

8/15/07 Occidental and Teresa




My friend Teresa moved to Northern California over a year ago
and we've been chatting over the last 8 mos or so. She
told me that she lives in a little cabin in the Redwoods
she has her own garden and a few kitties and she's
never been happier. I got to visit her today, she took
me to her little cabin way up on a hill in the midst of
a gorgeous Redwood forest and showed me her sweet
home and garden and i met the kitties too. I got my
first break in 6 weeks from my little angels and had an
uninterrupted adult conversation for 1/2 a day, it was
glorious! She played a few of her new songs for me, I
read her some poetry and we opened our hearts and
poured on each other and let all the love in, beautiful!
She took me to a local Zen Buddhist AA meeting in a
Sanga, they picked passages from a book about
one breath at a time, a Buddhist perspective on the
12 steps, it was very cool. We talked about Ramana
Maharshi, the truth of not knowing anything, and
the illusion of the separate identity. very sweet.

No comments: