Wednesday, August 22, 2007

8/20/07 Placerville to Grover





We left our campground to get on the freeway and sit completely still
for 50 minutes. I knew it wasn't construction because a policeman came
by, so i turned off the car and called some friends and listened to my ipod.
Actually an RV is a pretty comfortable place to be when you are sitting
on the highway. When we reached the front we saw an RV on fire, it was
pretty dramatic, I got an overwhelming wave of gratitude, really i was
high for a few hours, i was flooded with feelings. Then i heard the
Natalie Merchant song Kind and Generous and i almost started to
cry, i suddenly thought of my friend Lee who was my AA sponsor and
spiritual teacher for 10 years. I was suddenly so full of gratitude for
all that he gave me, we walked on the strand once a week for 10 years,
he walked me down the isle at my wedding, he taught me so much
and he loved me, i always felt loved in his presence. About a year ago
i had some big shifts and did not feel that i needed a teacher anymore,
i felt very inwardly guided and i moved on. But today this immense
appreciation came over me, for all of the love and kindness i had
received. I knew that i wanted to call Lee and express this and at
the same time I knew that the appreciation was for me to feel, it felt
incredible, to feel so much love for him, for the teacher/student
relationship, and mostly that i got the mentoring from Lee that i
never really got from my family, what a gift!

An hour later i saw a second car accident and again i was so
grateful to be safe and sound, enjoying the forest lined road
doing 55 in my MoJo mobile, listening to tunes and just
cruising along with my boys as they both took a nap.

I've gotten a variety of different responses from folks in
sharing that we are going traveling, mostly they say, wow that is
is so cool, how do you make it work? They are intrigued, curious,
and interested. Others seem uncomfortable about uprooting and
get distant or disinterested i guess. They honest ones tell me straight
out that they are jealous or super happy for us, or both, and that they
want to hit the road as soon as they can figure out how!

We had a great morning, slept in, we were tired after the 4 day HSC
conference, i went for a nice run, we swam in the pool and took a
shower and we headed out. We stopped along the way when we
saw 2 beautiful white horses literally calling my name.. come
feed us apples, love on us, talk to us!! so we did!! I did most of
the talking, they slobbered a lot, but those eyes..

Today i drove up to a plateau of 7700 ft, the American River
alongside me to Grover Hot Springs State Park about 30 miles
south of Lake Tahoe. The MOJO mobile had a little trouble in
elevation at Lassen but we changed the fuel filter and viola..
she is running like a charm. There is nothing quite like
driving up a big mountain around 7000 feet and feeling
your engine failing, it is quite exhilarating and makes
you feel very alive! NEXT experience..

Grover is the place to go to get off grid, no cell and no
internet, just lots of critters and big tall trees.. oh and
a big pool and a hot spring pool right next door. Only
cost $9 for the 3 of us, sounded better than the spas
in Napa that wanted $120 for the 3 of us. They had a
lifeguard watching the kids, the half of the giant pool
was 2.5 to 3 feet so Luc could stand and they could go
back and forth from pool to pool and i could just sit
and relax in the warm pool.

I met 2 different guys at the pool both traveling on their
bikes (one was headed from SF to Burning Man). The
other guy was traveling for 6 weeks or so from
Medford to Montana, on a bike, no tent, only carries
10 lbs, camps in the wild, no campgrounds, and rides
for 12-14 hours a day! They had both traveled a lot of the
world and both been to Thailand recently (where we are
going soon) and one told us to go in our winter, that
spring was very hot, so we have to move up our plans
i think. So far hot springs is the best place so far to meet
very interesting folks.

We enjoyed our fire, the boys played with friends (yes
we try to park right next to another group of boys)
and mommy wrote on her computer, a happy clan.

No comments: