Monday, August 27, 2007

8/27/07 Burning Man Day 1


wow wow wow
amazingly friendly people
amazing art and sculptures and structures and creations
very child friendly, everyone is excited to welcome my kids
talk to them, give them gifts, play with them, they are really having a blast

i visited my friend Greg at Camp Lustre, where they have Glitter Camp (glitter your body), a giant TeePee Lounge,
cosmic playground with bowling, 4 square, and tetherball, & classic movies showing at night.

My other friend Scott (of 15 yrs) is at Black Rock Yearbook, they are taking photos of folks and creating memories of
Burning Man.

We saw Gabrielle (the 11 yr old that inspired me to come) and Jolly Roger, Anna and their son Morgan at The Alternative
Energy Zone who are in our homeschool group back in the South Bay. It was so cool to cruise around and say hi to everyone
and watch as the city comes to life.

I am still looking for Megan my girlfriend who came out 10 days early to help build the very elaborate Temple.

The boys and i spent the whole afternoon riding the playa playing with everything in site, trampolines, climbing structures, and the boys even got to ride on an art car. Reese kept saying I want to ride on that, so i said ok, run for it, and of course he did and they happily helped him on, that lasted 3 minutes until Luc said I want to ride on that, so i let him out of the bike
trailer and he ran for it too and the both enjoyed a 20 minute ride and momma followed on the bike.

The weather has been awesome, no big wind today (i guess the last two days had long white out times) it is warm but the breeze is great. I am exhausted from all the biking, sun and getting up at 6am, gonna chill out

No comments: